Hello and Happy New Year all my fitness friends!
It's that time of year again when so many of us decide to set big exercising resolutions. We get ambitious and when our goals are not met, or life gets in the way, we give up and decide we will try again next year. Maybe this year we should start small and work our way up to bigger and better things. Small victories are better than no victories! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Invest in fitness DVDs, a gym membership, and/or fitness equipment that will enable you to reach your fitness goals.
- Set reasonable goals that you can actually reach, and build on. Have big goals (for example: My goal is to lose 30 pounds), but break them into smaller sub-goals (lose 5-10 pounds in my first month of exercising and adjusting my eating strategy). Use the SMART principle.
- Don't commit to an exercise plan that doesn't fit your lifestyle. You will reap the benefits of exercise no matter what time you do it, and be more likely to stick to your plan if it fits into your schedule.
- Take the stairs or walk, rather than driving when you can. Imagine forgetting the frustration of finding the closest parking spot and realizing the fact that you just fit two small walks into your day! Small steps add up!
- Lastly, don't expect immediate results and become discouraged. Do the best you can and take one day at a time.
I hope these simple tips give some ideas on how to get started on your fitness goals as we begin 2015. If you need further assistance putting together a Complete Personal Training program, we are here to help you get started and guide you every step of the way until you reach your fitness goals.