The Super Bowl is the best “party event of the year” and for many sports fanatics, it’s the best excuse to host a fun-filled get-together. This game day bash has become much more than watching the game, screaming at the officials, yelling at the players and cheering when your team scores. It’s about the total experience of combining the biggest sporting event of the year with non-stop food and drinks in the company of friends.
Now, tackling your game day festivities can be a large task without a game plan. But whether you tune in for the game, the halftime show or the commercials, you won't miss one minute of the action if you keep things simple with a “ FITCart's Healthy Super Bowl Party Menu” full of healthy recipes.
Please enjoy the recipes as ideas to use at your Super Bowl Shindig or you can have a FITCart Professional save you the hassle and purchase your groceries for you and have a FITChef prepare any one of all of the recipes items for you.
FITCart's Healthy Super Bowl Party Menu
Southwestern Layered Bean Dip
- 16-ounce prepared nonfat refried beans
- 15-ounce prepared black beans, rinsed
- 4 organic scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded organic Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped organic romaine lettuce
- 1 medium organic tomato, chopped
- 1 medium organic avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).
Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 1/2 cups white beans (or 15 oz jar, rinsed and drained)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup steamed organic spinach, chopped (thawed if using frozen)
1 - 14 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning herbs
2 tablespoon olive oil
1-3 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- In bowl layer sesame seeds then white beans (Important to put sesame seeds on bottom so they don't fling everywhere), use immersion blender to mash beans and seeds together.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend with immersion blender.
- Put dip inside a serving dish and serve with gluten-free pita chips.
Cocoa Chiptole Chili
- 1 large organic onion diced
- 1 cup chopped organic red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground free-range turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 (15-ounce) jar pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) jar diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) jar fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 chipotle chiles, jarred in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Chopped green onions (optional for garnish)
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and turkey to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add sugar and next 9 ingredients (through chipotle) to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Ladle 1 1/4 cups chili in each of 8 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt. Garnish with green onions
Gorgonzola Mini Turkey Sliders
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground organic turkey breast
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet gherkin pickle (about 2 small)
- 12 (1-ounce) gluten-free dinner rolls
- 6 curly leaf lettuce leaves, torn in half
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add cheese, stirring with a fork just until combined. Divide turkey mixture into 12 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 patties; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 2 minutes or until done. Place patties on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat procedure with remaining patties.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place patties on baking sheet in a single layer; cover with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until done.
- Combine mayonnaise, pickle, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Spread about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each roll; top each with 1 turkey patty and 1 piece lettuce. Cover with tops of rolls. Serve immediately.
Guilt-free Buffalo Wings
- 3 pounds organic chicken wings and drumsticks
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon low-sodium chicken broth
- Place 2 pounds chicken wings and drumsticks in a large pot and fill with water, covering wings by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then continue to boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1⁄4 cup cayenne pepper sauce, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth.
Transfer wings to a broiler pan and broil, 5 to 6 inches from the flame, until the skin begins to blister and brown (5–6 minutes). Turn wings over and broil 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer wings to a baking sheet, drizzle with the reserved sauce, and toss well to coat. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 1 minute to heat the wings and sauce together.
- Serve with extra hot sauce, celery sticks, and, if you like, blue cheese dip on the side.
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2-3 medium organic zucchini, cut into thick thick matchsticks
- 2 free-range organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or oil.
- Put breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and paprika in a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs with seltzer.
- Dip each zucchini piece in egg then breadcrumb mixture and put on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops of the zucchini fries with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crispy on all sides.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Simple Sweet Potato Skins
- 3 organic Sweet Potatoes
- ⅓ cup organic Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Guacamole (for garnish)
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes (bake at 375 F for 1 hour, or microwave for 10 minutes)
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop some of the middle out
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top each half of sweet potato with some cheese
- Bake at 450 degrees until the cheese is nicely melted and the sweet potato starts to brown a little
- Optional: Top with some guacamole and serve!
Healthy Deviled Eggs with Pickled Onions
- 8 large free range organic eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped organic red onion
- 2 tablespoons plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (or similar hot sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1. Add water to a large saucepan to a depth of 1 inch; set a large vegetable steamer in pan. Add eggs to steamer. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Steam eggs, covered, 16 minutes. Remove from heat. Place eggs in a large ice waterfilled bowl for 3 minutes.
2. While eggs steam, combine 1/4 cup water, vinegar, and sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until boiling. Stir in onion. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Drain.
3. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, Sriracha, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well to combine.
4. Peel eggs; discard shells. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Add 6 yolks to yogurt mixture; reserve remaining yolks for another use. Mash with a fork until very smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons red onion. Spoon mixture into egg white halves (about 1 tablespoon in each half). Garnish egg halves with remaining red onion and chives.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 5 tablespoons raw organic free range butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened organic chocolate
- 2/3 cup Dutch process or unsweetened organic cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups raw organic brown sugar
- 3 large free range egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large free range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Melt margarine and chocolate in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cocoa; cook 1 minute. Stir in sugar, and cook 1 minute (mixture will almost form a ball and be difficult to stir). Remove pan from heat; cool slightly.
- Gradually add warm chocolate mixture to egg whites and egg, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Combine flour and baking powder; add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring well.
- Spoon batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes (do not over-bake). Cool on a wire rack.
Fruit Skewers with Yogurt Dip
- 4 pounds of your favorite fruit (berries, kiwi, pineapple, apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, melon etc...)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- Cut up your favorite fruit in even squares and place them on skewers in rainbow color order.
- Create the dip by combining the yogurt and honey and serve along the side of the fruit.
- 2 bottle(s) dry red wine
- 1 cup(s) triple sec
- 1/2 cup(s) brandy
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 4 purple plums, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 4 red plums, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 6 strawberries, hulled and sliced thinly
- 2 stick(s) (3-inch) cinnamon
- Ginger ale, chilled
- In a large container, stir together wine, triple sec, brandy, and orange juice. Add fruit and cinnamon sticks.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Serve in glasses with ice and top off with ginger ale